I got this great little recipe from my Evolve teacher. Yes, this is made with chia seeds (like from the famous chia pet). And don’t be surprised that it looks a little funny, but it’s a pretty refreshing and tasty little treat, especially topped with fresh fruit! Very healthy too so no guilt! When Scott saw it in the fridge, I believe his exact words were, “I’m not eating that.” Haha! It’s good though – very much like the consistency of tapioca pudding!
Simple Vanilla Chia Pudding (serves 6)
– 2/3 cup whole chia seeds
– 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
– 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 3-4 drops vanilla stevia*
– 1 tsp lemon zest
– Banana, thinly sliced
– Fresh Strawberries, thinly sliced
– 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
Put chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, stevia and lemon zest in a 1-quart glass jar with a lid. Tighten the lid and shake well to thoroughly combine. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. The mixture will become very thick and pudding-like. When ready to serve, give it one last good stir. Spoon into bowls and top with fresh strawberries, banana and coconut. I bet other berries would also be tasty (blue berries, raspberries, black berries, whatever you have on hand). Enjoy!
* By the way, I could not find the vanilla stevia at my HEB and had to go to Whole Foods where I found it on the baking isle along with the sweeteners and sugar.
One thought on “Vanilla Chia Pudding”