I plan to post for Landri’s 7 month birthday on Friday, but for now wanted to post a quick recipe that we enjoyed this evening. I very much regret not taking a photo of this delicious and healthy dish before we devoured it, but I will still share the recipe nonetheless and hope you give it a shot. I got the recipe from a local farmer at the Pearl Brewery Farmer’s Market one Saturday and finally gave it a try tonight. Even Scott *really* liked it and he doesn’t seek out healthy food like I do.
- Olive Oil, 1-2 Tbsp
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Butter, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp
- Parmesan Cheese, optional
- Large bundle of Swiss Chard
- Rinse and drain chard
- Chop chard into bite size pieces using all stem and leaf
- Use pan with lid over medium heat
- Put garlic in olive oil, sauté for 1-2 min, just long enough for the garlic flavor to combine with the oil
- Place chopped chard in pan
- Put lid on pan
- Stir a couple of times in a 4-5 min span
- Chard will wilt to about a third
- Remove from heat
- Stir in butter, salt, and nutmeg
- Sprinkle parmesan before serving and enjoy!
One thought on “Sauteed Swiss Chard”
you can do same thing with spinach. good.